I happened to find a very small cookie cutter of a chicken, and so I “stamped it in” after flattening them. Cute, huh?
Poppy’s Peanut Butter & Turmeric Treats
YIELD: A COUPLE WEEKS WORTH OF GOOD DOG TREATS3/4 cup (180ml) hot Water
- 1 teaspoon Beef or Chicken Bouillon Powder
- 1 1/3 cup (175g) Brown Rice Flour
- 1 1/3 cup (175g) Oat Flour
- 1/2 cup (55g) ground Flax Seed
- 1 Tablespoon Turmeric
- 1/2 cup (130g) Peanut Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 1 Egg (For directions, click below)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Dissolve the bouillon in the hot water. Set aside.
- Combine the flours, brown sugar, ground flax, and turmeric in a mixer bowl. Mix in hot water mixture, peanut butter and egg. Continue mixing until the dough ball is smooth, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl to help everything mix together.
- REMEMBER: Turmeric will stain hands. I use disposable gloves when handling dough.
- Roll out the dough to 1/2″ thick. Cut into desired dog cookie shapes OR
- Roll into balls, put onto prepared sheets and flatten with criss-cross fork.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the cookies feel dried and fairly hard (they will harden a bit more after cooling).