What you Need to Know
Did you know that the Corona Virus has been around for a long time?
In fact, dogs can contract certain types of coronaviruses, such as the canine respiratory coronavirus, but this specific novel coronavirus, aka COVID-19, is believed to NOT be a threat to dogs. (https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/news/can-dogs-get-coronavirus/)
With that in mind, how should pet owners prepare for the pandemic as a pet household? The article above from the AKC gives some timely advice that might actually start some routine hygiene habits.
- Wash hands with soap and water before and after having contact with cats & dogs.
- If you HAVE tested positive for the virus, limit your contact with your pets; wipe them with a paw cleaner to prevent contact with the virus on their fur or skin.
- And most importantly, pet owners should NEVER abandon their dogs, cats, or other pets because of COVID-19 fears.
- Consider ordering a few months ahead for food and treats. You might even consider a wellness vitamin for your dog. Once the virus is over, then re-adjust autoships or push them out to a later date until you catch up.
- Let me help you with that by calling me at 920-887-2642 OR go directly to the Life’s Abundance website to order online!