by Cindy Aldridge, @ourdogfriends.org
A recent Gallup poll showed that 44 percent of Americans own a dog and 68 percent of dog owners have bought their dog a Christmas gift. So as the holidays approach, many Americans will be looking for gifts for their dogs or fellow dog lovers.
Whether your dog sleeps in your room, in the living room by the fireplace, or in the laundry room or garage, you want to keep your dog off the cold floor during the winter. The best way to provide your dog a cozy space that he calls his own is by providing a comfortable place where he can sleep.
- The Casper Dog Mattress: Pressure-relieving memory foam and support foam.
- Kuranda Dog Beds: Orthopedic, chew-proof, easy to clean
- Dog Sofa Beds: If you’re looking for a classier refined look, try a small sofa bed to match your living room
- Your Pets Forever offers Hand-crafted Custom Tent Beds for Cats & Dogs! Use Contact Form
Dog Harnesses and Leashes
Your dog loves his daily walks and hikes. Keep him safe and fit with a variety of accessories.
- Dog Harnesses: Cesar Milan suggests that dog harnesses can be a good gift for flat-faced dogs such as pugs that have restricted breathing.
- LED Dog Collars: If you walk late at night when visibility is low, consider getting your dog a stylish light up collar that will not only alert passing cars, but will also make your dog easy to spot if he gets loose.
- Dog Outdoor Backpack: If you’re a hiker that likes to take your dog on outdoor adventures, consider one of these backpacks that help your dog carry his own food and water
- No-pull Leashes: If you have problems controlling your dog during walks, try a variety of leashes that might better accommodate your walks. Certain leashes will mitigate this with special designs that go around your pet’s torso.
Gifts for the Dog Lovers in Your LIfe
Of course, not all the gifts have to go to the dog. There are plenty of gift ideas for your closest friends who loves dogs. Chances are your friends adore their pets as much as you, and keeping their dog healthy, safe, and happy is a big priority.
- Dog Monitor Camera: Surely every dog owner is familiar with the sad puppy eyes that stare at you every time you leave home. Of course, dogs often react in different ways to this scenario, oftentimes acting out and chewing up the sofa, your shoes, or reaching the leftovers on the counter. One great way to keep an eye on your dog while you’re away is through a dog monitoring system. Many of these are operated through your smartphone and allow for communication and viewing while you’re away.
- Automatic Dog Feeder: This is a great gift idea for people who work long days. The automatic dog feeder will release food at a certain time and can help regulate a dog’s feeding schedule.
- Pet Vacuum: Dogs shed, there are no two ways about it. There are a few good products out there that can help your dog loving friend in the cleaning process.
Dogs are companions and an integral part of the family. This holiday season, celebrate the love we have for our four legged friends by giving gifts catered to them. As they say, “Dogs lives are too short, their only fault really.” It’s true, our lovely friends are here for a limited time and we must cherish every moment of love they provide.