You will need many things! Puppies, like babies, need to have certain preparations in place for them to make a smooth transition! Here are somethings to get BEFORE you bring Puppy home!
- An appropriate sized crate (I recommend one they can grow into, with a divider). I also prefer the wire ones.
- Crate Cover to close out sights & sounds.
- Crate bed to be used after teething. Until then, towels will do. Easily washed!
- Flat Collar, 6′ Leash, and a 15-30′ Training Lead
- At least 5 toys that Puppy will find interesting and brain stimulating! He or she will begin to learn what is appropriate to chew on! Check out these pull toys:
- *Elk antlers! Why? Because they last and will not splinter like animal bones. (Choose an antler in proportion to the size of your dog.) Antlers contain: glucosamine, chondroitin, calcium, iron, manganese, potassium, zinc, copper, magnesium, phosphorous, and sodium. No chemicals, preservatives or plastic to worry about. And dogs love them! Buy here:
- This Puppy Food is formulated with select ingredients to help your puppy grow and thrive. You can be assured that you’re feeding advanced nutrition to help your puppy achieve optimal health. Buy here: There are many formulas from which to choose!
- Other Essentials! To save money and time, order the Healthy Start Pack in ANY formula to have necessary products on hand! Also available in different formulas: Check out the Large Breed Healthy Start Pack!
- For Puppy Accidents!
- For a young pup, you might want to consider buying Pet Insurance. Here is a guide prepared by Consumers Advocate that can help you make this decision! Check it out here:
We hope this helps in the transition for Bringing New Puppy Home!